The Mazot is a preserved part of the heritage of Les Gets . It is a small lodge over 200 years old and is now one of the top romantic couples skiing destinations in Europe. Where else can you find a private hot tub just for two?
When Les Gets was a simple farming village of ancient wooden farmhouses, a Mazot was a little chalet used to store the treasured possessions of the wealthier farming families. Clothes, china and preserved meats were protected from the high risk of fire in the traditional wooden farmhouses of the village.
Step through a tiny arched door into the wonderful Mazot. Opened by an ancient iron key, the Mazot is an antique Alpine lodge that has been lovingly renovated to offer a secluded luxurious hideaway for two.
When booked separately from Chalet Perdu, the Mazot is offered on a bed & breakfast basis with our signature bottle of fizz and cake in the afternoon.
Skiing is truly on your doorstep, open the ancient window shutter each morning and you will have a view straight to the express lift. There is no rush, no need to walk more than 100m, no need for the village bus or to rely on lifts to the and from skiing
Les Gets has a gourmet ski atmosphere, long slow lunches, fine wines and delicious puddings. After a refreshing early morning ski, an early morning glass of champagne and a home made macaroon overlooking the National Park is a definite recommendation.
The Mazot offers:
- King size ‘Sleigh Bed’
- Private Outdoor Hot Tub
- Après Ski Arctic Lodge
- Choice of feather or anti allergy duvet
- Fine linen, enormous fluffy towels, hair drier, towelling robes and slippers
- Luxurious underground bathroom and dressing room with free standing claw-footed bath and separate shower
- Tea and coffee making facilities, microwave and fridge
- Apple TV, UK Freesat, DVD Player
- Complimentary WiFi
- Private balcony
- Restaurant bookings and reccommendations
HONEYMOONS AT THE MAZOT
What a perfect honeymoon, fly into Geneva and its just an hour by taxi to the Mazot. Arriving at night the balcony will be lit by candles and when you wake, just open the little carved window shutter and look straight unto the ski lift. Next its a Bucks Fizz breakfast and then you are just 100m from your first married ski together.
Honeymoon upgrade – £130 per booking, to include;
– a Buck’s Fizz & smoked salmon breakfast with served on vintage silver*
– local handmade chocolates
– an extended toiletries package
– an alpine supper in the Arctic Lodge with a bottle of wine to share